Garfield preschool programs is play-based educational programs, designed exclusively for children in the years prior to school, typically 4 and 5 year olds and that is aligned with the Early Years learning Framework.
The educational programs take a holistic approach to your child’s development, extending their competencies and skills as they prepare to make the transition to school.
Our programs help families to identify when individual children are ready for school and to prepare them with the skills and qualities they need for a fruitful school experience. The activities are aimed to create links between the service, families and schools and are subdivided in the following learning areas.
- To support children to have positive approach with other children and make friends participate in play.
- Express emotions and deal with conflict appropriately and show interest in others and form friendships.
- They can express their needs and wants appropriately.
- They will can follow some directions and understand some rules.
- Participate in groups; and cope with transitions between routines and experiences.
- To show natural curiosity and interest in learning new things.
- Have confidence in learning; and be interested in solving problems.
- use language to ask questions and communicate their thoughts and ideas; listen to others
- Enjoy books and being read to.
- Independence and life skills to support themselves in the schooling years.
- To cope with a small amount of supervision in a variety of situations
- Ability to go to the toilet and dress themselves independently.
- Unpack their lunch box and use a drink bottle; and work with a structured environment.
- To use pencils, crayons, textas and scissors
- To balance, run, jump, and use equipment such as balls and climbing equipment.